One of my Non-Italian Favorites for years
Ingredients of Pierogies Recipe
2 cups Milk
2 large Eggs
4 cups Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 pound Idaho potatoes
3 ounces Milk
2 ounces Butter
4 ounces Cheddar cheese shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of Pierogies Recipe
* Bring to a boil two quarts of water.
* Peel potatoes and cut into medium pieces.
* Boil potatoes until soft, approximately 20 minutes.
* Drain potatoes well, add three ounces of milk, butter, salt and pepper and mix until mixture is smooth. Add cheddar cheese and mix again. Put mixture off to cool before using.
* On a clean surface, make a mountain with the flour. In the center of the mountain, make a dent with your fist. Pour in slightly beaten eggs and pinch of salt.
* Mix with your hands, adding milk slowly and mixing well after each addition to form a dough that is smooth and stiff but not sticky. If the dough is still wet, add more flour and knead well.
* Let the dough rest for about an hour and roll out as thin as possible and cut into three inch circles.
* Use a tablespoon to spoon in the filling.
* Wet edges of dough with fingertips dipped in water, then fold over and crimp edges with a fork to seal.
* Place pierogies in boiling salted water.
* They will float to the top when done (5-7 minutes)
**Serve with butter or Marinara sauce, your preference.
Category: Pierogies Recipe